Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl Housewarming

Even before we found an apartment I knew I wanted to throw a Super Bowl party as a house warming party. Well, my wish came true last Sunday night! So, we invited a few friends over to watch the big game with us in our new place. No, that Steelers helmet is not a wall deco in our new place, it's up in the attic at Brandon's parents house. I did, however, root for the Steelers only because their coach is WM alum. Bummer that they didn't win but Roethlisberger didn't impress me much...
Let's get to the more interesting part of the party - the food! The day before the game, Brandon and I were watching "Worst Cooks in America," a reality cooking show on Food Network. One of their challenges was to cook an appetizer for a football party. One dish they made was Cheeseburger Roulade. It looked good enough - and hey if those people could do it so could we! This was an "advanced" receipe by my standards - we actually had to roll out dough. It was my first time cooking with puff pastry and it was yummy! The inside was beef and cheddar and we served it with ketchup and onions. Definitely a winner!

 
Other highlights of the evening were the red velvet cake with green frosting, bacon-wrapped weenies and veggie pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment