Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ginger Chicken and Broccoli

Last night's Birthday/Halloween party was a blast. Brandon and I were Popeye and Olive Oyl - pictures to come!

I'll admit, I haven't had much Chinese food living here. There is definitely some available (New Kahala, Great Wall) but really the only place I'd still like to try is Hunan. So, when I found a coupon for P.F. Chang's Home Menu frozen dinner I was pretty excited to try it. Btw, convenience foods, while not the best for you, really save the night when you come home from work and school and are starving at 8pm. Not to mention, the nearest PF Chang's is 80 miles away. When I went to the store, I had only two options, so I went with the Ginger Chicken and Broccoli flavor. When I emptied the bag into the pan I was a little confused:
I saw chicken, brocolli, red pepper and brown blocks? At first I thought they were tofu and that Brandon would never eat this! Then my brain kicked in and I realized it was frozen blocks of sauce. Here is the cooked meal:
P.F. Chang's Ginger Chicken
The chicken was tender, the vegetables were soft but not mushy and the sauce was very flavorful. My mistake was serving it with this:
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
While I really love Uncle Ben's Spanish Rice, the Teriyaki Style was not good! The soy flavor was bitter and did not mesh well with the P.F. Chang's sauce. I was craving some white sticky rice instead, oh well. Brandon and I ate about two-thirds of the meal which left me some for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment