Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bball and Dumplings

A few more flakes of snow fell this morning as we were leaving church. We went to Berean Christian Church which is where Brandon's family goes. I have been there 2-3 times before. I will have to remember to take a picture next time.

Last night we drove up to Sparta, IL for the championship game of the Mid Winter Basketball Classic.
We drove this far (1 hr) to see HIGH SCHOOL basketball. As Brandon told me last night, I'm going to have to find a hobby, lol.

The Murphysboro Red Devils made it to the final game of tournament against the Trico Patriots. They won! The team is really good and they are currently ranked 4th in the state. PS: Their coach is literally named "Coach Murphy."

This afternoon Knute made chicken and dumplings for lunch. It was my first time having it. I always thought that the chicken was inside of the dumplings, like chinese dumplings, but no, the chicken goes on top of a pile of mushy noodle broth. Not a fan. It reminds me of another southern delicacy - biscuits and gravy. It just tastes like a hot pile of bland... Anyway, I will try and give it another chance sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment