Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Office

Since my 2 year anniversary of working as an Ophthalmic Technician has arrived, I wanted to do a couple of posts describing more about what I do on a daily basis. 

An ophthalmic technician is an eye doctor's assistant. My first job was with Dr. Plotsky in Bethesda, MD. I got that job through an ad on Craigslist. Luckily, I gained a lot of great skills with that job which made it easy to find a similar job when I moved to Illinois. I currently work for the doctors at the Marion Eye Center. My home office is Carbondale. I primarily work there but can be sent to other locations if needed. 

Step into my office:
This is just one of the 5 tech rooms. We take patients back to these rooms to get their initial work-up done. Each room has slight variations in size, equipment, furniture ... but the basic layout is the same. The patient will sit here:
Once the initial screening is done, we take the patient to the doctor's exam room. As you can see, it's got the good equipment ...

If the doctors rooms are full we seat the patients in the second waiting room.When I'm not in one of the rooms, you can usually find me back here, filing away:

No comments:

Post a Comment