Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Miner" League Baseball

I went to my first Southern Illinois Miners game on July 17. It was the annual Kiwanis game meaning club members from all over Southern Illinois were invited. We also got a shout out on the big screen. It was a hot day, but our seats were in the shade. We had a fellow Kiwanian hook us up with good seats and a parking pass (just outside of the gate).

Love the couple behind us!
I was wearing a sweet Kiwanis visor. The park was really really nice. Although, in my opinion they could use some new mascot costumes. The Miner, TNT, Canary and the Gopher were a little rough around the edges. We had a great time. Especially, when the home team won in the bottom of the 9th, woo hoo!
The Marion Eye Center sponsored the eyeball race. I was rooting for brown but green came in for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment