Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Trip Home

I got to spend this past weekend at home in McLean, VA visiting my family. I left Thursday evening after work and made the trip to St. Louis' Lambert Airport. As you can see the airport is still being repaired from the tornado damage:
My departing flight was with United to Chicago and then onto Washington-Dulles. The reason I came home (for the first time since moving) was because my brother Alex graduated from George Mason University.

On Friday morning Jeila and I headed over to Tysons Corner to visit my mom at work at Deloitte. She is the front desk receptionist. Check out her swanky office:
Then we headed over to the mall. The metro tracks have certainly taken over - exciting! We stopped in all my favorite stores but didn't buy anything. The highlight of the trip was my favorite Dippin Dots treat, Orange Sherbet:
Obsessed with this Flavor
Friday night was spent in Reston. We ate dinner at Big Bowl in the Reston Town Center and later that evening we went to The Reston Rave to see Bridesmaids.

On Saturday we slept in, had pancakes and headed back to McLean to set up for the graduation party. Although I missed Alex's formal ceremony, at least I got to go to the party. Cutting the cake:

The best part of the trip was getting to hang out with my siblings:

I said goodbye on Sunday afternoon after going to church. My flight back home was non-stop and with the 1 hour time change, it was only 2 hours. Brandon picked me up and on our way home I saw another scary farm tool:
Hauling Ammonia

I live here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment