Monday, April 4, 2011

Kiwanis and CPK

At the Kiwanis meeting tonight the April issue of the Kiwanis magazine was passed around. I leafed through it looking for people that I know... lo and behold, I found myself on page 33! Unfortunately, this issue has not been posted online yet. But it's ok because I'm making a weird frowny face anyway.

Brandon and I don't usually eat at 17th Street because it's expensive to eat out. But by the time the meeting ends (usually around 7pm) we are starving. Since we needed something quick tonight, we had California Pizza Kitchen's new Pizza & Appetizer - Four Cheese Pizza and Spinach Artichoke Dip.

We bought our pizza at Walmart - where it was actually cheaper than the single pizzas. I'm not sure if that's because it's a new product or if it's a smaller portion or if they have a deal with the store. Brandon and I always go for CPK frozen pizzas and this combo did not disappoint. The cheeses were so flavorful!
The spinach dip definitely tasted a little watered down and not as rich as it does in the restaurant. But, it was ready in 6 minutes which was important because we were hungry!
The pizza was thin crust and very cheesy. The box says it serves three but we polished it off easily between the two of us. Gotta love a simple weeknight meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment